Thursday, May 01, 2008

Of one "Ohiooo" and another

Today is the 1st of May, and four months have passed by so quickly. It's Labour Day (yay! public holiday), but have a series of eating engagements today, and I just came back from breakfast, Dim Sum in SS2 to celebrate someone's birthday.

This being a shortered week, and since most people will be taking Friday off to get an extended weekend break, the fixed income market has been exceedingly quiet, even yesterday. So, with most market players away on Friday, not much activities are expected in the interbank market. Was just thinking that since this is a new month, and I usually answer the phone by saying, "Investment", I will try a change just for tomorrow. Of course, this is done just to spice up the bankers' life a little when they call me.

In the morning, if my office phone rings, I will pick up the phone and say in my best Japanese impersonating voice possible, "OHIOOOOO!" (dragging the end of the word a little). And in the afternoon, will say "KONICHIWAAAAAA!". And if the person on the other line goes "Errr...", I will immediately say, "CHOTOMATEEEEE!", and put them on hold. (Of course, I had better learn which button on the phone to press first thing tomorrow morning to put people on hold! Am quite "lost" with my office phone. I think I have to press the "flash" button? or err...). And when the person is on hold, the company theme song will play in the background, "Life is ....". Hahahaaaa. Wonder how this will play out tomorrow.

SAYONARA for now... Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Ohaiyo gozaimasu.

Chotto Matte Kudasai.

ml said...

so did your 'imagination' realize? haha :D

Sharon Cecilia said...

Korean too: Aneon Asayo :P

Anonymous said...

you know the funny thing? even when I said Ohaiyo or konichiwa, there was no reaction! That tells me that no matter what I say initially, the person on the other end of the phone doesn't hear the first word I speak. Either that, or I mumble too much, and it is incomprehensible.