Friday, March 09, 2007

Funnies

Received these via email, and they brought back memories of exam horrors! Thank goodness I focused on the Arts more than the Sciences (except for Biology which I had to do for my G.C.S.E. - SPM equivalent). I can really symphatise with the kids. Still, these tickled me somewhat:

1. Checking In:


2. Expand


3. Find X


4. Physics Huh!


5. Mathematical Horror!


Personally, I think No.5 is the funniest. Reminded me of how I felt when I started Additional Mathematics (but never completed)! GOSH! Sometimes I do wonder whether studying such deep level of Mathematics helps in my line of work. I guess perhaps in logical thinking, but at times, I "think" myself into such a loop I get a headache.

Incidentally, I still hear words like 1st derivative, 2nd derivative in some of the articles I read in terms of more technical financial stuffs, and you know what, a banker I know has a degree in Quantum Physics! Talk about being a rocket scientist in the financial line!!! Wow...

6 comments:

laymank said...

i chuckled at #5, hahahaha!

i say these are smart students!! i like 'em!

Anonymous said...

Interesting ... probably flunk add Math if we ever try this :)

Anonymous said...

I hate additional math!! I dunno how calculus would helped us - the layman in our field of ordinary work. School are meant to make students hate school! Less students go to school, less problems. Haha!

I remember in SPM, I did one question - damn long the solution, 2 pages.. then see see, the marks allocated is only 2. LOL!

eddY said...

i tink 5 is the most original and creative! ehehehe...

hey i tink these students are probably more suited for arts or creative class. they r really creative loh... i tink their right side of their brain is better than left ;)

Alex said...

Hi laymank, yeah No.5 is the best! :)

Hi anonymous, I think at that stage, flunking is already guaranteed. Perhaps getting sympathy marks. :P

Hi gina, ah! it's all in the marks... see'lah... if 2 marks, write less, if 10 marks, write more! :) Easier said than done huh!?!

Hi eddy, right side err left side? :)

Anonymous said...

u make me re-call that I used to have a colleage who is "rocket scientist". He did help a lot in solving some derivative calculator prb built by visual basic and C++.

but no-one like him....cau he got no social skill, purely a researcher.

so, he left dealing room. ending helping his dad.


OPJ