Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ramblings

Was feeling down in the dumps on Wednesday. Just a general feeling of sadness and moodiness, but went to MidValley specifically to go to MPH to buy some books. While I was there, browsing through the books and then looking through stuff in Jusco took my mind off things. Bought 2 hardcover books as Christmas presents (to be brought back to Sarawak). Later towards the evening, got a call from a friend, chatted for a bit, and that cheered me up somewhat.

Some changes happening to the car park rental bays at the place where I am staying. It seems that beginning next month, the management office won’t be renting out anymore car parks. Apparently, quite a few people are affected, and many are looking to rent available lots. As a typical demand supply issue, the management office guided those who would like to rent out their parking bays at RM150 per month! Quite steep, and represent an increase of RM50 from currently, but given supply constraints, hard to argue for lower amount (i.e. if you don’t want, someone else will want). Supply seems to be especially constrained for Blocks 1 and 2. I managed to secure a parking lot, but alas it is at Block 3. At least the parking space is near the lift, and the walking distance is about the same from my current one (albeit in the opposite direction). Just found out today that someone in Block 1 wants to rent out her parking bay at RM150 per month, but with some conditions attached. Have called her up already for a meet up on Friday after work to see where exactly is the parking bay, and hopefully negotiate some terms. Will see how it turns out.

Year end is coming, sometimes I sit and ponder what I have achieved this year. Time seemed to have flown by so quickly, that it is really shocking. As I get older, the months seem to fly by faster. This year has been a reasonably good year for me. Have a few regrets, and sometimes wish I could have done things or react differently, but what has happened is done. I do see myself generally as quite reasonable and easy going, but looking from another’s point of view, admittedly, I can be quite difficult and uncompromising. Sometimes, I wish I could have smiled more, as my mood does affect others, especially those who care. Sometimes, I wish I could have been more sensitive to others’ feelings, and think more about others as opposed to myself. Sometimes,….. and the list can go on.

There are happy moments though. Smiling into the eyes of a loved one, sharing tender moments… even a hug can have a calming effect. Sometimes also, having a quiet moment to myself can be very relaxing. Grab a book, and if engrossing enough, will be totally absorbed until all troubles are forgotten. The mind will be temporarily lost in the realm of imagination brought to life by the books. And yeah, I did have these reading moments during the year, when my day has been spent sometimes thinking about the book, eager to finish reading it.

Sometimes, the joy of thinking of getting a gift, of wrapping it thoughtfully, of giving it to friends gives a very warm feeling. Especially seeing the gift being eagerly opened and appreciated. Oft times though, I have no clue what to get, but just go with the feel. I guess it is the thought that counts. Receiving gifts would also be a joy, the very thought that someone has thought of you, and has taken the effort of getting a gift for you can also be very joyful. Alas, getting sentimental here. Must be the festive season……..

No comments: