Thursday, November 03, 2005

Movies

Went to see "A Corpse Bride" today. Quite different, even in terms of being a cartoon. Show was quite entertaining, with a bit of laugh in between, but didn't think it was superb. Actually, I wouldn't have gone to watch it but was recommended by my elder sister. On the whole, it was watchable, but could have waited for the DVD instead.

Also went to see "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". Must admit, was apprehensive at first, as I tend to avoid horror shows, but this was not as scary as others I have seen. More like a court room drama, but serves to tell the story of Emily Rose and her demonic possession. The cinema was packed, and sat right in front, so the effect was doubly compounded! It certainly made one think about the spiritual realm, and question whether one believe or not. I liked the movie, but again, didn't think it was brilliant. Still, should be watched on the big screen for the few effects which it had.

1 comment:

laymank said...

Wow! I am surprised you dare to watch 2 horror movies in one day! (though the cartoon is less likely to be classified as 'horror')...

Thought you didn't like horror show? tsk...tsk...