Monday, December 10, 2007

8 Things - a meme

Tagged by anigma. So here goes:

8 things I am passionate about:
1. Eating GOOD sweet and sour pork! :P
2. Reading an exciting sci-fi (fantasy) book.
3. Travelling, exploring new places (not the nature type though).
4. Singing well.
5. Bowling well.
6. Collecting "stuffs".
7. Collecting even more "stuffs".
8. Work (well, sometimes).

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Eat more sweet and sour pork.
2. Go on a world tour!
3. Mend broken bridges.
4. Pray more.
5. Write my will!
6. Spend more time with close friends.
7. Spend more time with the family.
8. Find inner peace.

8 things I say often:
1. SHIT! (ranks top on my list)
2. IS IT?
3. OK!
4. ASO!
5. WAT!
6. WHY AH?
7. DUN WAN!
8. DUN KNOW?!

8 books I have recently read:
1. Fall of Kings - David and Stella Gemmell
2. Gardens of the Moon - Steven Erikson
3. Deadhouse Gates - Steven Erikson
4. Forest Mage - Robin Hobb
5. Brilliance of the Moon - Lian Hearn
6. Voice of the Gods - Trudi Canavan
7. Mistress of the Pearl - Eric Van Lustbader
8. Soarer's Choice - L.E. Modesitt, Jr

8 songs that I can listen to over and over:
1. Pie Jesu
2. Tears in Heaven
3. Home (Michael Buble's)
(Only three oh...)

8 things that attract me to my best friends:
1. being honest
2. being on time (females ah, tsk..tsk..tsk..)
3. no hidden agendas
4. have a big heart
5. bearing with my fickle mindedness
6. bearing with my "sometimes" competitive nature (esp bowling!)
7. ordering a good sweet and sour pork dish without me asking. :)
8. bearing with my moodiness

8 things I have learned this past year:
1. Freshly fallen durian from trees have exceedingly sharp thorns (ouch).
2. How to hit and hold a top Aflat comfortably for five counts!
3. Where Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are situated on the world map.
4. When to shut up and keep my comments to myself when I want to criticise something (as the phrase goes, "When you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all".
5. Certain Chinese traditions pertaining to wedding events (not mine!).
6. How to take nicer photographs and later show them off (use picasa!).
7. Not all hot chocolate taste the same.
8. Need to sleep earlier.

8 people I think should do this too-free-nothing-to-do-so-I-do meme:
Up to you guys'lah, but let me know, so that I can go snoop-snoop! :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah lao! You put sweet sour pork above everything else in 3 of the questions. Aiyoh! Memang chronic!

Yes - overly competitive - and in Scrabulous also.

One of your top 8 most used words should be FLUKE!!!!!!!

ml said...

Should add 1 more here.

8 things about my life:
1 to 8: It is all about sweet and sour pork. (ngam ngam 8 words :P)

ahahahaha.... :D