Friday, April 27, 2007

Hanoi Trip Day 1 – Hunting For Food

Recently came back from a much needed holiday. Courtesy of AirAsia’s free ticket promotion, a friend booked and did much of the planning for our Hanoi trip. Eight was supposed to go, but only seven went when one had to travel for work at the last minute. A real mixed bunch, comprising 5 girls, of which one can be considered as the alpha take charge female, and 2 guys who were pretty laid back.

First evening in Hanoi was spent hunting (on foot!) for an elusive beef noodle outlet which came highly recommended. After a series of misadventures and misdirection, we finally found it, much to my tour mates’ satisfaction. Taste and portion was just nice for me, but price was not that cheap. I think my other tour mates were slightly disappointed. Incidentally, beer was cheaper than soft drinks, not that I drank of course! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Malaysian Vietnamese food are better. They are so expensive. And I don't know why are their spring rolls all fried?! Unlike the spring rolls I had in Siem Reap, they are even more authentic Vietnamese spring roll with peanut sauce compared to the ones we had in Hanoi.