Thursday, September 29, 2005

Sunset

Sometimes when I am driving or when I am leaving the office (Level 19), I see a wonderful sight which stops me in my tracks (well, not literally when I am driving, but ...). A colourful sunset has a certain appeal to me. The glow of the orangy-reddish hue enveloping the sky, against the backdrop of the city skyline just radiates a kind of peace and serenity. It makes me appreciate life - to be able to see such beauty, to be able to savour such moments...

I remember being in Tioman (9 years back!), waking up early just to catch the sunrise. Beautiful as it may be, with the colours interplaying, it cannot match the joy and sense of peace which a glorious sunset generates.

I still have fond memories as a child going for a car ride (as the chinese would say it "sik fung" or "eat air" as a direct translation), after dinner with my dad, just being enraptured by the sunset in my hometown. Sometimes, I would sit by the balcony, basking in the rays of the sunset, pondering deep thoughts (as deep a thought for a young child about the future), but strangely enough, the song "Que Sera, Sera. What ever will be, will be. The future's not us to see. Que Sera, Sera...... ", silently flit through my youthful mind.

Even now, I live with this maxim, "that we cannot predict the future". We live the life we have now as best we can. Savour the beautiful moments, appreciate the little things we have in life, thank God for another day gone past, and look forward to more glorious sunsets.

2 comments:

laymank said...

Hey, cool wicket pitches website. Surprised that you know html editing oh!! Keng!!

Alex said...

I don't actually. One of the other guys maintain the webpage. Quite cool eh! :)